In order to strengthen the fire safety education in the factory, to improve the emergency-handling ability of all staff to deal with fire danger, and to accumulate fire rescue experience,in the afternoon of May 11, OIO held the 5th fire drill with the theme of “Preventing Fire From Burning”.
All the stuff from zipper business division, label business division I, label business division II, label business division III and comprehensive department participated in the fire drill, and Xitang fire brigade explained fire fighting knowledge to the staff.
Xitang fire brigade monitor Zhu explained the usage of dry powder fire extinguishers : When using portable dry powder fire extinguishers, you should hold the handle of portable fire extinguishers and quickly rush to the fire. Put down the fire extinguisher about 5 meters away from the ignition point. If it’s used outdoors,you should stand at the windward direction. Before using, turn the fire extinguisher upside down for several times to loosen the powder inside the cylinder.
If you use a built-in or a stored-pressure dry powder extinguisher ,you should first pull out the safety pin.Then you hold the nozzle with one hand, and press pressure with another hand . So that dry powder will be ejected from the nozzle. If you use an external dry powder fire extinguisher,you should hold the nozzle with one hand, lift the handle ring with another hand.When holding the handle, dry powder will be ejected from the nozzle,too.
To put out a liquid fire, while using a dry powder extinguisher,you should aim at the flame root and spray . Then you go farther and farther, strafing right and left, quickly promoting , until the flame is totally put off.
Children in the factory also participated in the fire drill,for the reason that fire safety awareness should be cultivated from an early age.
Xitang fire monitor Zhu explained the usage of hydrants: take out the water gun from the box, pull out the hose. At the same time, connect the hose interface with the hydrant , the other side is connected with the water gun, finally straighten the hose on the ground .
Factory fire safety is system project, which requires long-term preparation:
- Plan the stacking of raw materials with different properties (ignition point, flash point, toxicity, etc.) inside the factory, set aside unobstructed escape routes, and check regularly by special personnel;
- Fire fighting signs should be posted conspicuously, and special personnel should be arranged for regular inspection of fire fighting facilities and regular replacement of fire extinguishers;
- Formulate fire emergency plan, assign different roles/tasks to employees, conduct regular exercises (once every six months or once a year), practice the use of common fire extinguishers, and designate the emergency gathering place;
- During induction training, employees are informed of potential fire hazards and simple handling methods, and people from surrounding fire departments are invited to the factory for fire knowledge training from time to time.
There are 78 fire fighting facilities OIO in total , which are inspected by regular staff every month. Clear emergency escape route maps are posted on all floors, and safety officers are regularly arranged to attend fire safety training.
In case of fire, the following should be done within a limited time:
- Before the fire expands, try to use the fire extinguisher and water (according to the situation at the scene of the fire) to deal with it as soon as possible under the circumstance of ensuring your own safety. The first 30 seconds to 1 minute is important because the area of a fire expands geometrically;
- Once the early processing time has passed, you should evacuate as soon as possible. At the same time, you can call out your companions to evacuate together.
- Immediately alarm the nearest fire department, pay attention to the detailed description of the location, factory products, raw materials, surrounding environment, personnel conditions and other information, to help the fire brigade prepare in advance (ordinary fire, chemical fire, electrical fire and other treatment methods are different).
- Organize personnel to guard around the fire site, dissuade irrelevant personnel from entering the fire site, and wait for the arrival of the fire brigade. All staff concerned about fire control, life safety first, summer fire safety inspection.
All staff concern about fire control and put life safety first, by holding summer fire safety inspection.
This fire drill activity is of great significance to further popularize fire safety knowledge, enhance fire safety awareness of employees, and improve self-rescue and emergency response capacity, thereby effectively strengthening OIO’s fire safety work to the extend of expected effect.